posted Dec 1, 2010, 11:34 AM by Jesus Del Rio
updated Sep 14, 2013, 10:08 PM
"The Rite of Enrolment" has the following intentions:
- Presentation of Candidates to the congregation
- They present their "Statement of Intention" to be prepared to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
- They are officially accepted as Candidates
- They are presented with the Crosses of Christ
- Parents and Sponsors state their support
- We all pray the "General Intercesions"
- We all proceed to the Liturgy of the Eucharist
St Philip Neri Parish
2100 Jane Street, Toronto, On map
The last enrollment day will take place during the 12:00 Noon Mass on:
St. Conrad and St. Philip Neri and other schools
St. Gerard Majella and St. Raphael
And any other student that have not yet made their enrollment.
Candidates and Sponsors or one parent need to be present at the lobby by 11:30 am
Rite of Enrolment for Confirmation:
- Please seat where ever you please next to your family
- When our Pastor Fr Paul invites you:
- stand and go to the front of the Church and stand facing the congregation
- When you are asked by the Pastor “Are you ready now to continue your journey toward the sacrament of Confirmation by engaging in preparation, community worship and Christian service?
- You answer clearly and some mid loud "We are"
Parents or Sponsors:
- Stand when you are asked by the Pastor
- When the pastor asks you if you are ready to help them:
- After your are given your Cross and the Pastor says “We look forward with joy and anticipation to the day when you celebrate Confirmation"